What Personal Information About Customers Does Manhattan Mini Storage Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Manhattan Mini Storage. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store most information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
You provide most such information when you search, buy, access your account, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Manhattan Mini Storage; make a purchase; provide information in Your Account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; and financial information.
- Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we may store in our records and use to allow communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses (such as Manhattan Mini Storage Truck Rental); search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google).
- E-mail Communications: If you do not want to receive marketing e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Does Manhattan Mini Storage Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries we control that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Manhattan Mini Storage Truck Rental and Moving Ahead, these businesses operate stores at Manhattan Mini Storage or sell offerings to you via Manhattan Mini Storage. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Manhattan Mini Storage customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Account Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Manhattan Mini Storage, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Manhattan Mini Storage and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Manhattan Mini Storage, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Manhattan Mini Storage gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Manhattan Mini Storage for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain web site features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages within the website. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive marketing e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Account Preferences.
Manhattan Mini Storage does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Manhattan Mini Storage only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Manhattan Mini Storage, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at Manhattan Mini Storage, please send us a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
TERMINATION OF USAGE
Manhattan Mini Storage may suspend or terminate any User's access to all or any part of the Manhattan Mini Storage Website including any account thereon, without notice, for any reason in Manhattan Mini Storage's sole discretion, including without limitation Manhattan Mini Storage's belief that such access would violate any applicable law or would be harmful to the interests of any Manhattan Mini Storage Provider or another User.
Every User is responsible for (i) keeping such User's Manhattan Mini Storage account password confidential and (ii) restricting access to such User's computer. Each User agrees to accept full responsibility for all activities that occur within such User's Manhattan Mini Storage account.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED: (I) AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED THEREON; (II) THAT THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (III) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE; OR (IV) THAT THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM OR ON BEHALF OF MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED SERVICES. THE OPERATION OF THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE THE CONTROL OF MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY A USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE.
MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE WEBSITE OR THE PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT THEREFROM, EVEN IF MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO A USER, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUCH USER, AND SUCH USER MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
APPLICABLE LAW; JURISDICTION
User hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and of the United States of America located in the State of New York for any litigation arising out of or relating to use of or purchase made through the Manhattan Mini Storage Website (and agrees not to commence any litigation relating thereto except in such courts), waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such litigation in the New York Courts and agrees not to plead or claim in any New York Court that such litigation brought therein has been brought in an inconvenient forum.